White Lightning Axiom: Redux: I like being alive today

Monday, January 24, 2005

 

I like being alive today

Last night is something I would prefer not to repeat. I was thrashing about in a puddle of my own sweat till 0200 and then when I finally thought that sleep was going to spread it's gossamer wings over me, the coughing started. My head was spinning, I was feverish, I had sweated out the last drop of fluid in my body and I would hack up a glob of nastiness every 15 minutes or so. I am barely coherent, but it does not seem to be impacting my work at all. Odd. Even odder still were the delusional dreams I ground through last night. One that I can recall had me acting as some sort of film directory/producer. It involved one scene where a car was turned over in a battle scene and the hero took a spindle from the engine and shoved it in his weapon to fire it at a device. It disrupted the device and there were more explosions. Hmmm, title of the film? Turnpike Deathrace 2000? Sounds about right. The kids were okay-ish this morning. Alexis was not entirely happy about having to be changed and sent to school. I sat her in front of Toystory and she got real quiet and obliging in short order. Hmmm, what else. It's colder than a brass door knob on a Nordic out house, my rear tire was flat and I was nearly out of gas. Yeah, a good start for a Monday. When I got to my sensory deprivation chamber at work, I gulped down a cup of black tea or 2 to smooth the rough edges. A maxalt to keep what little frontal lobe pain I still had in submission helped too.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?