White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Getting warmer

Thursday, January 27, 2005

 

Getting warmer

Yesterday was pretty much a dud. Did manage to get up early and leave on time. Then I ground through the day and made the quick trip back to the manor. I am feeling well enough now that I actually feel fatigued. That's good, right? Back at the Manor, I found that Purple Heart picked up the stack of boxes filled with 'stuff' but left behind the super-saucer. I'm not sure how we will ever get rid of that thing. It's not even safe as a child detainment device. I may have to put it at the curb for waste pickup. Speaking of waste, Jake didn't manage a repeat performance last night. He had to go when he had to go, oh well, perhaps tonight we can catch him in time. More stickers for the little superstar.

I was intending on doing some chores other than the usual stuff last night, but after the kids bath, I was all played out. I need to get out to the workshop and get my act together with the molding. It needs at least 3 coats of polyurethane and then I'll have to get cracking on the floor. The work that needs to be done on the wood floor will have to wait till the Mrs gets the stuff she has stored in there out of the way, but that should be an easy enough task. A more gruesome task I need to undertake is restocking the wood brackets for the wood stove. I have exhausted the wood supply I had stacked against the back of the manor so I will now have to trek across the tundra of the back 50 Haupertonian Agricultural Sector. I have a few years worth of wood at the back of the property but man, it's going to be a back-breaker to get all that I need inside. I was thinking about it all night as I lay in bed, awake. Another one of those sleepless nights followed up by a late morning. I should try having a glass of wine before I go to bed ... gotta stop all the voices in my head for just a few minutes ya know.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?