White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Friday redux

Saturday, January 15, 2005

 

Friday redux

The drive back to the manor yesterday was a slow, tedious and frustrating endeavor. Not that it was backed up or excessively populated with the standard indigenous idiots. Just a lot of people going pretty slow. Must be the weather, depressing them and all that. Personally, I would prefer to be off the road and on the Manor properties as quickly as possible. But hey, to each his own.

The Mrs is going to be late. She is trying to make up some of the hours she lost on Wednesday when she had to leave work and pick up the virus-factories from daycare. I go ahead and pick up Alexis the Squirt and Jacob the Punk. They are not exceedingly happy to see me and there are some strange teen-age girls in the room. Dunno what is going on, but I am not entirely comfortable. No time to torture interrogate this peculiar horde of Brittany Spears worshippers, I've got places to conquest and people to subjugate. I toss the Squirt and the Punk into the SuperSaturn while they admire the moon as it tries to pierce the wispy clouds of an excessively warm winter night. It's downright balmy by my standards. You have got to expect that we are going to have a really nasty February if January is this warm. When I hear of Snow in Las Vegas, I chuckle.

Later in the evening, the turkey that I ate for lunch starts to let me know that I should not have crossed the two week rule. It really made life uncomfortable for me for 30 minutes or so. Oh well, it's all gone now so I won't be making that mistake again ... tell next turkey season. Curses.

Okay, I admit it. I watched the double presentation for Battlestar Galactica. So I'm a nerd, I'll wager Bill was watching too. It was ... okayish. I've always been a fan of the campy B grade movies and stuff. You know, huge battles where the heroes manage to defeat overwhelming forces of inhuman evil. Can't help it. One thing that did catch my attention is the strange zoom technique they were doing in the cgi space shots. It reminded me of something they used to do in that other epic space battle series they did a while back ... Space, above and beyond. I liked that one too. Such a shame it ended the way it did. I'll wager that SG gets the same inglorious end too.

It's Saturday morning, 0600, and the kids are up ... already. Alexis is howling 'Daaaaadyyyyyy' over and over again between bouts of hacking up sputum. Of course, this wakes Jake the Punk and he demands equal time with the 'Big people who feed me'. They mess about a bit and I eventually leave them to their own devices while I focus on tending to other morning tasks. I run about and do a pass by to see what they are up to every so often. Then, it gets quiet. Really quiet. Daddy psychic powers start to tingle, and this time it is not a migraine. I can't see them in the living room so I wander into the kitchen and try to get a glimpse of them in the grand dining room. Damn surveillance cameras are off, I'll have to get the staff to fix them. I see nothing, but I can hear them. I peek around the corner and there he is, standing on the window sill. The window sill is about 4 feet off the ground and he is trying to get his foot on the top of the bottom pane to get even farther up. I don't want to startle him for fear he may loose his precarious perch and fall. I sneak up on him, but Alexis the Squirt sells me out and alerts him of my approach. He looks over his shoulder and gives me that 'Look what I can do!' smile. I lower him to the floor and try to impress upon him that this is not a condoned activity. Later on, I check to see if the message has sunk in. It did, because now they are busy scaling the buffet table in order to get at the crayons that Mommy put on the top shelf. Okay, I guess I need to spend some time with them. Crayons it is. Talk about making a point.

Later on, the kids are asleep and the Mrs goes out shopping. I take the time with the relative peace and quiet to do some dishes and run through the rest of the laundry. Simple, mundane stuff. After the kids wake up, we head out to the Local Home Depot Temple to pick up some halogen track lights for the kennel/family room and wrap up the evening with some pretty lousy frozen pizza we got at BJ's Wholesale a few months ago.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?