White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Fantastic

Monday, January 31, 2005

 

Fantastic

A nice boring Monday. We got up late and the only reason we did is because Jacob started to wail. He had not done that in quite some time so we assumed that there was something wrong. Nope, he was just awake, hungry and wet. Nothing really messes up your day quite like waking up in a puddle of your own urine. Unless of course you wake up naked in an alley somewhere off Canal street in down-town Manhattan ... in a puddle of your own urine. And it is Wednesday. Not that I have ever done that and the Mrs will vouch for me! It was Thursday. Anywho, we get underway at a quarter after 0700 and venture forth on a brave new Monday. The traffic on the PA TPK is ok, no big surprise. I was low on fuel so I stopped at the rest stop just short of the KOP interchange and filled up with 10 gallons of el-cheapo grade for only 1.91$ a gallon. Odd, the gas stations just at either end of our street sell it for 1.99$. Bastards. I could go to the Hess Mart a mile in the other direction and get it for 1.89$, but I don't think the 2 cent savings per gallon would be worth the extra 30 minutes it would cost me. Where is my mass-production bio-diesel hybrid flying car made of Reardon metal.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?