White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Argh

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

 

Argh

Yesterday afternoon, Alexis woke from her nap in bad mood again, but I was one up on her. She has not quite been the same since the Santa incident. Hmm, hope she shapes up a bit before we head up the Grandparents place tomorrow. That reminds me, we need to get the Car Sickness pills out for her. I don't think we need a repeat of the puke-fest again. She proved her angst was real when she got in a dust-up with Jacob over a set of whistles last night. The whistles work the same, but only the one made in England will work for the kids. They don't have enough lung-power to get the stamped metal one from Taiwan to properly screech. It's one of the whistles you see the typical sports coach dangling around his/her neck. They could tell the difference by just looking at them and whoever did not have it was crying their eyes out. The mouth would curl down and the water-works would go into over-drive. Heart rending wails and sobs would incessantly roll out of them as they laid in a floundering heap on the floor. Eventually, the wife distracted them with the Disney web site activities while I hid the whistles on the top shelf in their suite. Ghaa, won't try that again unless I get a duplicate English whistle. They cost 5$ online with a friggen 5$ S&H charge. Looks like a trip to a sporting goods store is in the works.

This morning was rough for me. The alarm went off at 0515 and all I could do is shut it off. I then had this lucid dream where I was looking at my body laying on the bed and I could see 5 giant lode stones glowing within. There were 2 in arms, 2 in legs, 1 in my torso. They kept me from moving or getting up. When I did eventually get out of bed at 0645, I could still feel the stones. Very disturbing. I was considering calling in sick ... but made it in by 0815 anyways. I made it in and still feel like a discarded hand-cloth.

Got this piece of tripe via The LLama Butchers


The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Very High
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Moderate
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Very Low
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Very Low
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Very Low

Take the Dante's Divine Comedy Inferno Test


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?