White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Sultry Summer Morning

Saturday, June 19, 2004

 

Sultry Summer Morning

An aesthetically pleasing day, filled with mundane work and house chores. Today, I've decided to halt most of the improvement work and focus on making the house presentable for our guests who will be coming at the end of the month. Yes, it will take that long. My inexcusable lack of diligence with performing routine house-cleaning chores have left us with quite a mess. First things first, we cleaned out the foyer and the receiving room for the kids today. We had to remove the TV, but I think we can live with one less boob-tube plugged in. The result of that was that we had the cable laying out on the floor. I had not put a panel in for the cable, so it just comes out of the wall, about 6 feet of it. I pushed all but the connector back into the wall and figured that nothing would come of it. Of course, Jacob and Alexis, somehow got their DNA manipulated by aliens and they spotted the connector right away. Every time we left the area, they would home in on the cord and pull it out of the wall. After the third time, I had to go get the panel and install it in the wall to keep the cable secure. Man, persistent and patient. The only reason I know they are my kids is their penchant for pop-corn and their unending supply of destructive energy.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?