White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Rocky Road

Friday, June 18, 2004

 

Rocky Road

Yesterday was tough ... I mean, really tough. I went out with the crew for a two pint lunch and it went downhill from there. I have not been drinking much beer (read: 1 bottle) for about 4 months now. This outing hit me like a cruise missile. I was groggy for the rest of the day at work and my trip home was a test of will. The heat and humidity acted like an intensifier of the effects of little sleep and the profound exhaustion I felt. I had to shake off the slumber no less than four times on the way home. It was more irritating than frightening. I was particularly useless when I got home too. Just barely managed to do my evening routine (let dogs out for potty time, prep food for kids, get out clothes for kids bed-time, empty water from AC in kids room, get my lunch ready for the next day, pick up mail, get my clothes ready for next day). Today, I had some laundry to shuttle about as well. The activity was good, it kept me awake. So I got done what needed to get done and went off to grab the kids. My wonderful little packages of love and beauty. Who were fighting all day. Apparently, Jacob bit 3 other kids today. Now what the heck am I going to do about that! We try to let him know that it is an un-acceptable behavior, but I don't think he gets it yet. Alexis does, she is a smart little cookie. Smart enough to know about revenge. It was funny, I was walking the kids out to the van in the rain and I was holding Jacob's. I asked her to hold Jacob's other hand and she tried really hard to do so. He kept resisting, she kept persisting till he caved and we all strolled out together in a tidy little line. Such a good girl ... at the moment. We got home and had dinner and they played for a while. I was soo tired. I did everything I could to stay awake. Finally, Joyce got home at 6:30 and gave me hand. At 7:45, they were fomenting so we gave them a bath and sent them off to dream-land. I went to bed shortly after that, around 9:30, but still could not sleep. What is with that! Ghaaa.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?