White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Friday Finale

Friday, June 25, 2004

 

Friday Finale

Got a late start on the day this morning. I was watching a movie last night on cable. It was about this Anglo and an African-American who worked together to do the first open-heart surgery. They did this to save 'Blue Babies'. It was a fantastic film. The black man, Vivian', was a carpenter by trade. In the end, he was the directory of laboratories at John Hopkins hospital where he taught heart surgeons how to do things properly. All his life he wanted to go to college and become a doctor. In the end, they gave him an honorary doctorate. I couldn't stop watching it till the end at 1:30 am. That is why I did not get up till 6:30 am. I never caught the title of the film, but I can live with that. The late start was complicated by one of the dogs yacking up a bunch of chewed up rubber from one of their chew toys. I had also forgotten to unload the wash into the dryer last night and fill the bottles with milk for the Twin Twisters of Tremendous Tenacity. With all that said and done, I did manage to get to work by 7:45 and had pretty much no incidents on the turnpike. Bizarre. I'm going to pay for this good fortune down the road somewhere, I'm sure.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?