White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Dollar Pint Thursday

Thursday, June 24, 2004

 

Dollar Pint Thursday

Ahhh, I think I might try my luck and visit the Rock Bottom Brew Pub again to put down a few pints ... at 1$ each. Is that considered avarice or gluttony? Maybe both. I'm on the fence about it though. I'm still feeling the effects from LAST Thursday. A little out of practice I suppose. Mmmmm, beer. Must drink more beer. My gut is not distended enough. That reminds me, I really need to get to the Beverage Center up the street and pick up a few cases of IPA and Lagers for the 4th of July weekend. Cant be a bad host! I'll probably pick up a cube of Coors Light too, for the people who really like to drink colored weasel piss.

Speaking of Weasel piss, work has been a complete mess this week. The JDA (don't ask, I have no friggen clue what it stands for) system is pretty foo-bar with product returns and I have not gotten an update on when it will be fixed. I cant process the returns and refunds until they fix it. Not a good thing. On top of that, the Amazon store project for gift wrap/gift message is starting to get hot. No-one wants to admit what is currently in place is hopelessly hacked and kludged. Well, some people will, but are pointing their fingers at the same time. I hate it when I lift a rock and find all kinds of nasties, only to be told that I should not have lifted the rock. On top of that, the critters under the rock are pretty tweaked that I exposed their corruption to boot. There is a lot of simmering hostility here about consultants poking holes in the (broken) paradigms. Always fun.

Good news is that I only got upset at one awful driver today, and it only lasted for about 10 minutes. It helps that I passed his pimply ass as I got off the PA Turnpike at KOP, but at least I made the effort to 'forgive' his trespass! Honest!


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?