White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Retrospect

Friday, May 21, 2004

 

Retrospect

So I'm just laying there on the bedroom floor. The family dogs laying on either side of me, snoring away. My eyes are heavy with sleep. I am profoundly exhausted, and all I managed to do is mow the lawn and put the clippings in the garden. That and go through the nightly routine of entertaining the twins. I could blame the weather, but it has actually cooled down a bit here in Philly. I could blame my MS, but it has not been giving me much trouble of late. Perhaps it's the general lack of sleep? Or maybe I am just getting older. The first 2 days of the week, the twins woke up in the middle of then night and that kind of set a bad trend in motion. We ended up putting the portable air-conditioner in their room to help them sleep better. Nothing like hoisting squirming toddlers, slick with sweat from their cribs and trying to sooth them back to a blissful slumber. Although the wife is immune to the muggy heat of summer, my Minnesota blood tends to prefer a much cooler environment. I miss my AC, but the kids come first. If they are sleeping, then I might get 40 winks. Someday, I'll be sitting in my over-stuffed lounge chair, telling my grand-kids about how easy their parents had it. Why when I was a kid ... up-hill, both ways, just to get to bed.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?