White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Onward motorist soldiers

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

 

Onward motorist soldiers

Finally, we are getting some rain here. My lawn was starting to get crispy in the areas where I was trying to resuscitate the withering turf. The fact that we finally got SOME precipitation is a good thing, and a bad thing. As it goes, since I got going yesterday at nice early hour, I ended up getting out at a much later hour today, like about 7am. So I got to enjoy the Morning Turnpike Disco. Twist, turn, thrash, shout, point, repeat as necessary. Even better, a good percentage of Pennsyltucky drivers fall under a species I have termed 'Instant Asshole: just add water!'. Half of them figure that a wet road surface has much higher coefficient of friction because, hey, the water is acting as barrier so the wheels have more contact with a surface! So I can drive that much closer to the guy in front of me. So what if I can count the number of unshaven whiskers on the guy (sometimes, gal) behind me. And then there are those so terrified by the rain the seize up in the passing lane and are too terrified to go much more than EXACTLY the speed limit. There are 3 lanes here, the left most one is not the one you want to meet one of these jokers in. Granted, there are a number of these disparate species in the best of weather, but rain seems to have some kind of trigger mechanism that bring them out in droves. I have got to get up earlier. The up side is that the clouds hung around all day and the weather cooled off enough so that I didn't loose my entire volume in liquids while mowing the lawn tonight. BIG bonus. That reminds me, if you are ever listening to NPR and that LLL jackass Daniel Shore starts spouting his half baked diatribe, don't bother with the Tourette Syndrome enactment or gnawing on the steering wheel. I tried it and it doesn't work. Man I hate that guy.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?