White Lightning Axiom: Redux: Failing mind

Thursday, May 20, 2004

 

Failing mind

"Hmm ... where is my building pass. Where is my wallet? Aw cripes..."
Any number of thought go through my empty head every morning as I commit my zombie like being to its usual routine, these were not the norm. With my sack of edibles in one hand, I frantically grope through my pocket in search of my wallet. My whole existence is detailed in my wallet. SS card, voter registration, map of the neighborhood, Credit cards, drivers license ... its all there. I desperately call my wife who was dutifully dropping our children off at day care for their daily indoctrination. She gracefully takes charge of the situation and runs off to the house to search for my mis-placed life capsule. After no less than 5 desperate calls to her (hearing the howls of the hounds in the background) over a period of an hour, I decide that all is lost and I should go get my coffee fix before my head explodes from withdrawal. I lean forward and reflexively place my hand on my ever worsening lower back when I feel something amiss. Why, my left pants pocket seems all wrong ... wait, its my wallet! In the wrong pocket! Yes! ... Oh no. I immediately call My lovely wife, ready to eat any abuse she launches my way for sending her on a fools quest. She is understandably upset about it and lets me know that she is happy that I found my wallet, but she needs to get to work now. I think I owe her some flowers.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?